Large animal accommodation
- Conventional farm accommodation
- Semi-containment / semi-isolation
- Adaptable pen sizes, individual or group housing
High containment facility
- Small animal accommodation: 19 conventional rooms, 14 Category 2 containment rooms each holding up to 1000 mice. Necroscopy and procedure rooms on each level.
- Large animal accommodation: 70m², 8 positive pressure suites for Specified Pathogen Free (SPF) animals. Individual or group housing.
- Containment Category 3: 30m², 3 negative pressure suites with double HEPA filtered air extraction.
- Flexible film isolators: capable of maintaining gnotobiotic farm animals.
Milk residue studies for dairy cattle to support the development of pharmaceuticals, feed additives and pesticides are conducted using portable milking parlours.
Moredun Bioservices maintains a high quality flock of breeding ewes on its two farms which have over 100 hectares of grazing, providing lambs at various times of year. Other species of defined health status can be sourced as required from specially selected suppliers. Specific pathogen free and gnotobiotic animals are delivered surgically on site and maintained under appropriate conditions.
All animals have 24 hour veterinary cover to ensure optimal health and wellbeing.
|MHRA GLP Certificate 25AUG16.pdf||249.87 KB|
Not a Member?
Moredun membership allows you to keep up to date with the latest advances in livestock health. You can join or renew your Moredun membership online.