Salary: £20,700 – £23,550 per annum depending on experience
Closing date: 06/12/2021
About the role
The Moredun Group is seeking a Technical Assistant to join the Vaccines and Diagnostics Department at its Moredun Research Institute. You will provide technical support to the Virus Surveillance Unit, performing a range of diagnostic tests in support of Scottish Livestock Surveillance as well as supporting Institute infrastructure initiatives.
You will have:
- A BSc in a Biological Science
- Experience of working in a diagnostic or research laboratory
- Experience of Quality Assurance and Health & Safety legislation
- Experience of Data Handling and Record Keeping
- Good communication skills, including phone and e-mails
- Good IT skills
In addition to training and development opportunities, you will have access to:
- Competitive pension scheme – a minimum employee contribution of 5% with Moredun contributing a maximum of 15%.
- Group Life Assurance Scheme and an Income Protection Scheme
- Flexi-time system
- 6 weeks annual leave plus 7 days public holidays and a privilege day
- Free access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Benefits platform offering discounts at various retailers
The Moredun Group operates several policies including access to a family healthcare scheme and flexible working arrangements. We are also proud to have achieved a Gold Award for Healthy Working Lives and strive to promote a healthy lifestyle.
We are committed to creating a positive and inclusive environment, respecting equality and diversity and encouraging good relations. We welcome applications from people irrespective of their age, sex, religion or belief, race, disability or sexual orientation.