Salary: £40,000 - £57,000 per annum depending on experience
Closing date: 15/07/2022
About the role
Moredun Scientific is looking to recruit a Head of Biosafety (In-Vitro) to lead and manage a team offering Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) testing services.
The Biosafety In-vitro Division operates a mycoplasma and sterility testing service and the successful applicant will have the necessary scientific and management skills to ensure that testing operations are optimised to ensure GMP compliant testing of biological medicinal products. The applicant should have a sound knowledge of the Biosafety industry and a thorough knowledge of GMP in accordance with the Eudralex Volume 4 GMP guidelines Annex 1. (this includes the maintenance of equipment and facilities including environmental monitoring).
The role involves:
- Ensuring the smooth and efficient running of the Biosafety In-vitro Division at Moredun Scientific ensuring a quality service in line with regulatory requirements and client expectations.
- Leading and managing a small team of Scientists and Technical Officers and ensure all staff are trained and working to the highest professional standards.
- Engaging proactively with Moredun Scientific’s Quality Division to ensure compliance to GMP and relevant regulations such as European and United States Pharmacopoeias.
- Acting as Scientist for testing protocols where a GMP compliance statement is required.
- Responsibility for the testing facilities and ensuring that they are maintained in a GMP compliant and ready state.
You will have:
- Good biological expertise (degree or higher qualification) across scientific disciplines e.g. bacteriology, virology and cell culture.
- A good working knowledge of current Eudralex Vol 4 GMP guidelines/current MHRA Rules and Guidance for Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Distributors for a Sterility and Mycoplasma Testing Facility.
- Practical experience of regulatory guidelines for mycoplasma and sterility testing including principles and guidelines of GMP, in relation to contract quality control services.
- Practical experience of working in GMP environments.
- Practical experience of managing & monitoring cleanroom environments.
- Excellent leadership and management skills.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Ability to liaise effectively with clients.
How to apply
Please go to our website where you will find the application form.
To apply, please complete the application form and email the completed form to [email protected].
In addition to access to training and development opportunities, you will access to:
- Competitive pension scheme – a minimum contribution of 5% and Moredun contributing a maximum of 15%.
- Group Life Assurance Scheme and an Income Protection Scheme
- 6 weeks annual leave plus 7 days public holidays and a privilege day
- Free access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Benefits platform offering discounts at various retailers
- On site café
The Moredun Group operates a number of policies including access to a family healthcare scheme and flexible working arrangements. We are also proud to have a Gold Award for the Healthy Working Lives and works hard to promote a healthy lifestyle.
We are committed to creating a positive and inclusive environment, respecting equality and diversity and encouraging good relations. We welcome applications from people irrespective of their age, sex, religion or belief, race, disability or sexual orientation.