Salary: £31,350 - £41,000 per annum, depending on experience
Closing date: 28/02/2024
About the role
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Moredun for a Knowledge Exchange and Communications Officer to enhance Moredun’s external visibility and reputation by disseminating and discussing research knowledge, building relationships and networks, and attracting funding.
Moredun is committed to promoting livestock health and welfare through research and education and is recognised worldwide for its contribution to find solutions to combat infectious diseases of livestock. Formed by farmers for farmers, Moredun has strong connections with the farming community and is very active in Knowledge Exchange and education to ensure that the research is useful to the livestock industry. The Moredun Foundation has an extensive and active membership base within the livestock industry and develops and delivers a variety of outreach programs, resources and activities working collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders.
The role will involve the development and delivery of a wide range of Knowledge Exchange and communication outputs including attending events, developing exhibits, educational and digital resources and working with press and media to promote Moredun’s work.
The role offers an exciting opportunity for someone with experience and interest in science communication, and the livestock industry to work within an active and committed team to help increase the uptake of new knowledge and technologies to improve the health and welfare of livestock and sustainable agricultural systems.
- A degree in a science or communication based subject
- Demonstrable relevant experience in a similar role
- Experience with livestock farming and science communication
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience of organising, managing and evaluating communications events
- Development and delivery of knowledge exchange and science communication activities, events, and written reports
- Demonstrable experience in the management of websites and social media channels, including content management systems
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form and email the completed form to [email protected].
In addition to access to training and development opportunities, you will access to:
- Competitive pension scheme –Moredun contributing up to a maximum of 15%.
- Group Life Assurance Scheme and an Income Protection Scheme
- Flexi-time system
- 6 weeks annual leave plus 7 days public holidays and a privilege day
- Free access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Benefits platform offering discounts at various retailers
- On site café
The Moredun Group operates a number of policies including access to a family healthcare scheme and flexible working arrangements.
We are committed to creating a positive and inclusive environment, respecting equality and diversity and encouraging good relations. We welcome applications from people irrespective of their age, sex, religion or belief, race, disability or sexual orientation.