Salary: £24,300 – £27,000 per annum depending on experience
Closing date: 09/12/2021
About the role
The Moredun Group are seeking an enthusiastic and conscientious Maintenance Engineer to join the team at Pentlands Science Park (PSP) which is home to the Moredun Group and a number of research organisations with a key focus on livestock health & welfare.
You will join a small team of in-house engineers and carry out both planned and reactive maintenance in an efficient and timely manner in a number of buildings including offices, laboratories and other research facilities. You will also be required to carry out any maintenance and repairs to plant and equipment.
The post is Monday to Friday, and you will be required to participate in an on-call rota with the other engineers to provide cover to the park 24/7 for which you will receive an additional on-call allowance.
You will have:
- Working within a maintenance environment for at least 2 years.
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety Legislation, Risk Assessment and Method Statements (Safe Systems of Work).
- Maintenance and repairs on heating and ventilation systems.
- Experience in PPM maintenance as well as dealing with emergencies, unplanned problems and repairs.
- SVQ or City Guilds in engineering discipline.
How to apply
You will find the application form on our website.
To apply, please complete the application form and email the completed form to [email protected].
In addition to access to training and development opportunities, you will have access to:
- Competitive pension scheme – a minimum contribution of 5% and Moredun contributing a maximum of 15%.
- Group Life Assurance Scheme and an Income Protection Scheme
- 6 weeks annual leave plus 7 days public holidays and a privilege day
- Free access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Benefits platform offering discounts at various retailers
The Moredun Group operates a number of policies including access to a family healthcare scheme and flexible working arrangements. We are also proud to have a Gold Award for the Healthy Working Lives and works hard to promote a healthy lifestyle.
We are committed to creating a positive and inclusive environment, respecting equality and diversity and encouraging good relations. We welcome applications from people irrespective of their age, sex, religion or belief, race, disability or sexual orientation.