Salary: £31,350 - £33,000 (depending on experience)
Closing date: 04/12/2023
About the role
Moredun Scientific (a commercial subsidiary of the Moredun Foundation, a registered charity) is seeking applicants for the role of a Quality Assurance (QA) Officer. The successful candidate will join a team of 38 people involved in the conduct of safety and efficacy studies evaluating a range of veterinary and biological medicinal products. This position will cover the 3 main business units (Biosafety, Animal Health and Aquaculture), on and offsite where applicable.
Moredun Scientific is a contract research organisation specialising in biosafety testing of biopharmaceuticals, animal health and aquaculture product development. For more information about Moredun Scientific, see https://moredun.org.uk/moredun-scientific/about-moredun-scientific
The role involves the monitoring of studies, on site facilities and where relevant suppliers and key service providers to ensure compliance with the International Regulatory Standards of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP), Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and VICH Good Clinical Practice (GCP) in line with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
You will also support the development and implementation of the Company’s Quality Management system including the key matrices: Change Controls, Deviations, Out of Specification events and Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPAs).
- A biological degree
- Biological expertise across a range of scientific disciplines
- Experience in a similar QA role
- Experience of quality auditing to GMP and /or GLP
- Experience in the review / auditing of Quality documents such as SOPs, protocols record reports or batch records
- Experience of equipment servicing and calibration
- Working knowledge of spreadsheets, databases or other project management systems
- Advising our scientific teams and management on all aspects of quality and compliance
- Good interpersonal and communications skills and effective organisational abilities.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form and email the completed form to [email protected].
In addition to access to training and development opportunities, you will have access to:
- Competitive pension scheme – a minimum contribution of 3% and Moredun contributing a maximum of 15%.
- Group Life Assurance Scheme and an Income Protection Scheme
- Flexi-time system
- 6 weeks annual leave plus 7 days public holidays and a privilege day
- Free access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Benefits platform offering discounts at various retailers
- On site café.
The Moredun Group operates a number of policies including access to a family healthcare scheme and flexible working arrangements. We are committed to creating a positive and inclusive environment, respecting equality and diversity and encouraging good relations. We welcome applications from people irrespective of their age, sex, religion or belief, race, disability or sexual orientation.