Salary: £20,700 – £23,550 per annum, pro-rata based on experience
Closing date: 07/02/2022
About the role
The Moredun Group is seeking a part-time Research Assistant to join the Vaccines and Diagnostics Department at its Moredun Research Institute. You will provide technical support to the group of scientists who carry out research into an important respiratory virus of sheep, in various areas of research work including sample acquisition, nucleic acid extraction, sequencing, PCR and cell culture as well as supporting Institute infrastructure initiatives.
You will have:
- As a minimum an HND in a Biological Science or equivalent
- Experience of working in a diagnostic or research laboratory
- Experience of basic molecular biology techniques
- Good IT skills
In addition to training and development opportunities, you will have access to:
- Competitive pension scheme – a minimum employee contribution of 5% with Moredun contributing a maximum of 15%.
- Group Life Assurance Scheme and an Income Protection Scheme
- Flexi-time system
- 6 weeks annual leave plus 7 days public holidays and a privilege day
- Free access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Benefits platform offering discounts at various retailers
The Moredun Group operates several policies including access to a family healthcare scheme and flexible working arrangements. We are also proud to have achieved a Gold Award for Healthy Working Lives and strive to promote a healthy lifestyle.
We are committed to creating a positive and inclusive environment, respecting equality and diversity and encouraging good relations. We welcome applications from people irrespective of their age, sex, religion or belief, race, disability or sexual orientation.