Salary: £28,500 per annum
Closing date: 07/07/2022
About the role
The Moredun Group is seeking a post-doctoral Research Scientist to join a new multi-disciplinary collaborative project aimed at control of Ovine Respiratory Disease (ORD).
You will use a next generation sequencing (NGS) approach to describe the microbiomes associated with ORD. This will be combined with data from project partners to assess the influence of other factors such as management regime, and vaccination on ORD. In this role Knowledge Exchange (KE) is also an aspect of the work.
The post is for 12 months. The start date is as soon as possible and by 1st September 2022 at the latest, with interviews planned to take place during the week commencing 18th July 2022.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with appropriate laboratory experience and excellent communication skills.
You will have:
- A Masters or PhD in appropriate discipline
- Experience in the following is essential: Nucleic acid extraction and analysis; Real time PCR and RT-PCR and next generation sequencing including data analysis
- Presented to a variety of audiences and contributed to publications
Further details are provided in the Job Description.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form and email the completed form to [email protected].
In addition to access to training and development opportunities, you will access to:
- Competitive pension scheme – a minimum contribution of 5% and Moredun contributing a maximum of 15%.
- Group Life Assurance Scheme and an Income Protection Scheme
- Flexi-time system
- 6 weeks annual leave plus 7 days public holidays and a privilege day
- Free access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Benefits platform offering discounts at various retailers
- On site café.
The Moredun Group operates a number of policies including access to a family healthcare scheme and flexible working arrangements. We are also proud to have a Gold Award for the Healthy Working Lives and work hard to promote a healthy lifestyle.
We are committed to creating a positive and inclusive environment, respecting equality and diversity and encouraging good relations. We welcome applications from people irrespective of their age, sex, religion or belief, race, disability or sexual orientation.