Salary: £32,500 - £33,500 per annum depending on experience
Closing date: 24/01/2022
About the role
The Moredun Group is seeking applications for the post of Scientist, within the in-vitro group of our Biosafety Division. You will join a team involved in the conduct of safety and efficacy studies evaluating a range of biological medicinal products.
The role specialises in Mycoplasma, therefore practical knowledge and experience in cell culture and regulatory Mycoplasma testing (culture method and indicator cell method), as defined in European and US Pharmacopoeias, are mandatory requirements for the role.
To be considered for this role, the following are also essential requirements;
- A biological degree.
- Previous experience of working in a commercial Biosafety testing laboratory and a Quality Environment.
- A practical understanding, and application, of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP).
- Previous experience of managing and executing GMP regulatory studies.
- An understanding of the activities required for assay validation.
- An ability to train, mentor and supervise other team members.
- Good interpersonal and communications skills and effective organisational abilities.
It is desirable that you have knowledge of the regulatory requirements for testing of raw materials, cell banks, viral seed stocks, unprocessed bulk harvest materials and final products.
How to apply
To apply, please complete the application form and email the completed form to [email protected].
In addition to access to training and development opportunities, you will access to:
- Competitive pension scheme – a minimum contribution of 5% and Moredun contributing a maximum of 15%.
- Group Life Assurance Scheme and an Income Protection Scheme
- Flexi-time system
- 6 weeks annual leave plus 7 days public holidays and a privilege day
- Free access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Benefits platform offering discounts at various retailers
The Moredun Group operates a number of policies including access to a family healthcare scheme and flexible working arrangements. We are also proud to have a Gold Award for the Healthy Working Lives and work hard to promote a healthy lifestyle.
We are committed to creating a positive and inclusive environment, respecting equality and diversity and encouraging good relations. We welcome applications from people irrespective of their age, sex, religion or belief, race, disability or sexual orientation.