Dr Lisa Boden
Lisa Boden is a veterinary public health specialist, with sub-speciality in epidemiology and population medicine. Her research interests lie in:
- knowledge exchange
- communication and translation of science into effective and ethical evidence to inform veterinary public health laws and policies
- risk and resilience, emergency outbreak response and management
- risk assessment and communication
- horizon scanning and foresighting techniques including scenario planning; population medicine and epidemiology (infectious and non-infectious disease and injury); public health law and ethics (particularly with respect to contingency planning for disease).
Lisa is currently a Principal Investigator, EPIC, University of Glasgow having previously worked as a Postdoctoral Research Fellow and as a small animal veterinarian in Australia and a large animal veterinarian in Northern Ireland.
Lisa is a member of the RCVS Fellowship Credentials Panel sub-panel assessing meritorious contribution to the profession.
- 2016 – Chair of the European College of Veterinary Public Health (ECVPH) Credentials Committee
- 2016 – Elected Ordinary member of the ECVPH Council
- 2016 – Co-Director of ECVPH Residency programme for the University of Glasgow
- 2016 – External examiner for the Universities of Edinburgh and RVC
- Member of the ECVPH Education Committee, since 2010
- Member of the Advisory Board of The Veterinary Journal, since 2010
- Member of the Equine Veterinary Journal Clinical Evidence Board, since 2010.