** JOB VACANCY **
Closing date: 30th June 2023
The Moredun Group is seeking to recruit a full-time Director of the Moredun Research Institute and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Moredun Group to lead, direct and take responsibility for all aspects of activities related to the Moredun Group’s Strategic Plan.
- Manage the resources of the Moredun Group in consultation with Moredun boards and the Group finance director, including accountability, budgeting, auditing, and risk registers.
- Lead the scientific direction, chair senior management meetings, report to Moredun board meetings, interact with funding bodies and major stakeholders and oversee regulatory areas including health & safety and quality.
- Lead approaches to increasing the R&D income of the Moredun Research Institute.
- Relevant scientific undergraduate degree (biological/animal/livestock/veterinary science), and a postgraduate degree (PhD) in relevant scientific discipline.
- Extensive knowledge of research, development and commercialisation with reference to the scientific aims and objectives described in the Moredun Group’s Strategic Plan.
Further details will be provided on application. Each applicant will be sent an information pack. For further details, contact [email protected]
Moredun is committed to promoting livestock health and welfare through research and education and is recognised worldwide for its contribution to find solutions to combat infectious diseases of livestock. Formed by farmers for farmers, Moredun has strong connections with the livestock agricultural community and is very active in Knowledge Exchange to ensure that the research arising from the Moredun Research Institute is useful to the livestock industry. The Moredun Foundation has an extensive and active membership base within the livestock industry and develops and delivers a variety of outreach programs, resources and commercial activities working collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders.