About The Moredun Foundation
Moredun's strong links with those actively involved in livestock health are enhanced by a variety of initiatives.
- The Moredun Foundation has a membership programme which enables those working directly with livestock to receive the latest information about our research and to advise us on disease prioritites.
- Moredun has an active group of over 40 volunteer Regional Advisors throughout the UK who serve as a direct link between Moredun and livestock farmers.
- Many farmers have been active in helping our scientists with surveys and providing valuable samples for study. This collaboration has proven to be a valuable aid for our research.
- Moredun organises regular livestock health events throughout England, Scotland and Wales to meet with farmers and vets and discuss new developments to help improve livestock health and welfare.
- Our livestock health specialists regularly attend and present talks at agricultural shows, specialist events, meetings and CPD events for large animal vets. We also regularly take part in webinars.
- In our commitment to support the next generation of farmers and vets, our scientists deliver lectures at vet schools and agricultural colleges, host student visits and support dissertation projects.
- The Moredun Foundation Award Scheme provides an opportunity for our members to carry out a project to enhance their personal and professional development in livestock health and welfare.