Salary: £18,400 per annum
Closing date: 08/12/2021
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Bioservices Technician to join a small team working on farms and in animal facilities dedicated to the care of animals used for veterinary research projects.
This post is full-time, Monday to Friday. You will be required to participate in weekend working on a rota basis for which you will receive additional payment.
You will be responsible for the daily care and welfare of different animal species and maintain their accommodation for the Moredun Group. You will be working directly with farm and laboratory animals for feeding and cleaning, working under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act and adhering to protocols. Other duties include cleaning to ensure high hygiene standards are maintained, detailed record keeping and technical support as well as supporting Institute infrastructure initiatives. Training will be provided.
Prevention of disease is important, therefore contact with farm animals, rodents and rabbits outside work must be carefully managed.
For any informal enquiries about the post please contact [email protected].
Essential skills and experience:
- Multi-species animal husbandry
- Compassion and confidence in handling different species of animals
- Driving licence with trailer and competency certificate to transport animals.
- Competence with Microsoft Office packages
An Animal sciences qualification is desirable, as are a Personal Home Office Licence and experience of working within CL3 laboratories and working to SPF & Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) standards.
How to apply
You will find the application form on our website.
To apply, please complete the application form and email the completed form to [email protected].
In addition to access to training and development opportunities, you will have access to:
- Competitive pension scheme – a minimum contribution of 5% and Moredun contributing a maximum of 15%.
- Group Life Assurance Scheme and an Income Protection Scheme
- 6 weeks’ annual leave plus 7 days’ public holidays and a privilege day
- Free access to an Employee Assistance Programme
- Benefits platform offering discounts at various retailers
The Moredun Group operates a number of policies including access to a family healthcare scheme and flexible working arrangements. We are also proud to have a Gold Award for the Healthy Working Lives and work hard to promote a healthy lifestyle.
We are committed to creating a positive and inclusive environment, respecting equality and diversity and encouraging good relations. We welcome applications from people irrespective of their age, sex, religion or belief, race, disability or sexual orientation.